Monday, November 7, 2016

Splotlight On: Mostly Human by D.I.Jolly

 Spotlight On...



  Mostly Human
by D.I.Jolly



Alex Harris is a world famous rock star, lead singer of the Internationally acclaimed band The Waterdogs. But Alex is no ordinary rocker, he has a secret that he and his family have painstakingly kept since Alex was ten years old.

This is the story of him, and his life, growing up with his parents and his elder sister Annabel whilst coming to grips with a strange condition.

Follow them as this Journey twists and turns its' way through tragedies, heartbreak, intrigue and into the clutches of organised crime.





 AMAZON / GOODREADS





Interview with the Author  




1. Have you always wanted to be a writer?
In a way yes, when I was seven years old I started playing a video game called Gabrial Knight, who is a writer and my childhood hero. I wanted to be him. I was going to move to New Orleans, start a rare book shop and write books in the back. Luckily for me the writing aspect came fairly naturally and seemed to fit with way I think. 

2. How did you come up with the idea for Mostly Human?
I was sitting outside my sisters office waiting for her and started to day dream, I’d been thinking of werewolves for a while at that point and started putting together different scenarios around sitting in a car waiting for my sister. I really liked the idea of a sibling relationship where one was a werewolf but not a monster, a part of the family.
Right after that I had a three hour drive ahead of me where I listen to loud music and fleshed out the story, tracing it back in my mind to where it started then working my way forward again from there. 

3. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
Finding the time to actually sit and write. Sadly I still can’t afford to be a full time writer so have a full time job instead (which I really like, so that helps) .
Also coming up with names for my characters. Most of the characters in my books you’ll find share a name with the people around me at the time that I’m writing. 

4. Where is your favorite place to write?
I like sitting at desks, in the small hours of the morning is a glass of something. I like the quiet hours where you feel like you can’t make noise, it focuses me more. As for actual physical location in the world. That doesn’t matter I travel around far too much to have a special place to write. 

5. Give us a fun fact about your book.
Mostly Human is actually my second completed work, but I spent so much time on after care and polish that I wrote and published another book in between finishing it and publishing it. 


Don't forget to visit his WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment